What are the many different cannabinoids in the cannabis sativa plant?
The cannabis sativa plant has a miraculous amount of chemical compounds that makes it a miracle.
The cannabis sativa plant has compounds ranging from 66 to at least 113 and very few cannabinoids have been researched to this day. Researchers are learning more and more about this every day. Below is a list of many of the cannabinoids that have been discovered and through time more will be discovered and brought to our attention.
The term “cannabinoid” refers to one of a number of chemical compounds found in the cannabis sativa plant family. A technical term for these plant based molecules is called “phytocannabinoid”. When you smoke or ingest marijuana or hemp the chemicals that interact with cells in your body to produce medical benefits are referred to as phytocannabinoids.
The cannabis sativa plant produces its own cannabinoids. These naturally occurring chemicals go by the name of “phytocannabinoids.”
Your body also has its own cannabinoid system called the endo cannabinoid system or aka ECS. Your bodies ECS system closely resembles that of the cannabis sativa cannabinoid system.
Both marijuana and hemp are from the plant family cannabis sativa. Marijuana having naturally higher percentage of the cannabinoid THC while Hemp have naturally higher cannabinoid CBD.
There is over 113 cannabinoids that have been isolated from the cannabis plant. Many of them are obscure and only found in trace amounts throughout the plant. We only have a basic understanding of how these cannabinoids interact with the human endocannabinoid system. Researchers continue to learn more about the cannabinoid family in more detail and what these amazing compounds are capable of.
Im sure that you have heard that when it comes to the medicinal applications of cannabis no cannabinoid is more significant than cannabidiol. CBD is one of the first cannabinoids discovered and it continues to be one of the most intensively researched chemicals in the marijuana and hemp plant.
CBD is non-psychotropic. This means that cannabidiol does not have any of the psychoactive effects of THC.
Even though CBD doesn’t produce a high people has discovered that it also counteracts the cognitive effects of THC. It will be very interesting to learn more as this science further developes.
List of Cannabinoids:
- CBD Cannabidiol
- CBDM Cannabidiol monomethylether
- CBDA Cannabidiolic acid
- CBD-C1 Cannabidiorcol
- CBDV Cannabidivarin
- CBDVA Cannabidivarinic acid
- CBC Cannabichromene
- CBCA Cannabichromenic acid
- CBCV Cannabichromevarin
- CBCVA Cannabichromevarinic acid
- CBL Cannabicyclol
- CBLA Cannabicyclolic acid
- CBLV Cannabicyclovarin
- CBEA-B Cannabielsoic acid B
- CBE Cannabielsoin
- CBEA-A Cannabielsoin acid A
Cannabinols and cannabinodiol
- CBND Cannabinodiol
- CBVD Cannabinodivarin
- CBN Cannabinol
- CBNM Cannabinol methylether
- CBN-C2 Cannabinol-C2
- CBN-C4 Cannabinol-C4
- CBNA Cannabinolic acid
- CBN-C1 Cannabiorcool
- CBV Cannabivarin
- CBG Cannabigerol
- CBGM Cannabigerol monomethylether
- CBGA Cannabigerolic acid
- CBGAM Cannabigerolic acid monomethylether
- CBGV Cannabigerovarin
- CBGVA Cannabigerovarinic acid
- 8, 9-Dihydroxy-delta-6a-tetrahydrocannabinol
- CBT Cannabitriol
- CBTV Cannabitriolvarin
- Δ8-THC Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinol
- Δ8-THCA Delta-8-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid
- THC Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol
- THC-C4 Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-C4
- THCA-A Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid A
- THCA-B Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid B
- THCA-C4 Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid-C4
- THC-C1 Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabiorcol
- THCA-C1 Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabiorcolic acid
- THCV Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabivarin
- THCVA Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabivarinic acid
Many miscellaneous cannabinoid
The following are other cannabinoids not classified in a particular class. These cannabinoids may not have a particular classification or category.
- OTHC 10-Oxo-delta-6a-tetrahydrocannabinol
- CBCF Cannabichromanon
- CBF Cannabifuran
- CBR Cannabiripsol
- CBT Cannbicitran
- DCBF Dehydrocannabifuran
- cis-THC Delta-9-cis-tetrahydrocannabinol
- triOH-THC Tryhydroxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol
So as many of you are aware of the major cannabinoids like THC and CBD hopefully this list will help you all to be more familiar with some of the more unknown cannabinoids. It will be very interesting and exciting to become more aware of the many benefits of all of the cannabinoids will be to us in the future as we learn more.
- List of Cannabinoids
- What is Pure CBD Oil?
- Buy CBD Oil
- CBD Oil
- Why You Should be Using CBD Daily
- Reduce Aches and Pains with CBD Topical Rubs
- Balance Your Mind and Body with CBD
- CBD and Pain
- Eliminating Anxiety with CBD Oil
- CBD Oil Uses